- Local Law Practice
- Public Law
- Regulated Sectors
- Urban Planning and Enviromental Law
Degree in Law (specialising in Public Law) from the University of Seville (1990).
PhD in Law from the University of Seville (1994).
Professor of Administrative Law at the Pablo de Olavide University (UPO). Prior to that he was a research scholar and assistant at the University of Seville and Tenured Professor of Administrative Law at the University of Huelva.
Visiting researcher at the Universities of Florence, Harvard, Pisa and Oxford, as well as at the IOC Olympic Studies Centre in Lausanne.
Director of research projects of excellence of the Regional Government of Andalusia and of the National Research, Development & Innovation Plan.
Responsible for numerous research agreements for the drafting of legal provisions, as well as reports for providing legal advice on various matters of administrative law.
He holds the Blas Infante Award for Studies and Research in matters of Public Administration (2000), the Award for Legal Studies of the Real Academia de Legislación y Jurisprudencia (2015) and a Teaching Excellence Award (2003).
He was General Secretary of the University of Huelva (1998-2000) and University Ombudsman at such university (2003- 2006) and at the UPO (2007-2013).
He was chairman of the Andalusian Committee of Sports Discipline (2010- 2013) and a member of the High Council of Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Navigation of Huelva (until 2006).
He is director of the Masters in Administrative Management of the UPO and professor on many other postgraduate university programmes, including the Masters in Mediation of the University of Cadiz (UCA), the Masters in New Technologies Law of the UPO, the “Specialist in Town Planning Law” programme of the University of Seville and the Masters in Sports Law of the UEM-Real Madrid.
He has taught on all core subjects of administrative law and has been a speaker at numerous conferences.
He is an international consultant, giving his opinion and recommendations in relation to the legal systems of Latin American countries.
He has published a Manual on Administrative Law (13th edition in 2016) in the publisher Tecnos and is the author of numerous articles on law and of eight books, as well as the lead author of a further eight, in particular, of the following:
- “Tratado de Procedimiento Administrativo Común y Régimen Jurídico Básico del Sector Público” (“Treaty on the Common Administrative Procedure and the Basic Legal Regime of the Public Sector”), 2 vols. Tirant lo Blanch, Valencia, 2016.
- “Desafíos del Derecho administrativo ante un mundo en disrupción” (“Challenges of Administrative Law in a world of disruption”), RASLJ, Seville, 2015.
- “Simplificación del procedimiento administrativo y mejora de la regulación” (“Simplification of administrative procedures and the improvement of regulation”), Tirant lo Blanch, Valencia, 2013.
- “Las tecnologías de la información y la comunicación en la Administración de Justicia” (“Information and communications technologies in the Justice Authorities”), Aranzadi, Navarra, 2012.
- “La Ley de Administración electrónica” (“The Electronic Administration Law”), Aranzadi, Navarra 2010 (3rd Edition).
- “Comentarios a la Ley contra la Violencia, el racismo, la xenofobia y la intolerancia en el deporte” (“Notes to the Law against violence, racism, xenophobia and intolerance in sports”, Aranzadi, Navarra 2008.
- “La ordenación jurídica del comercio y la artesanía en Andalucía” (“The legal regulation of trade and arts and crafts businesses in Andalusia”), 10 vols., Seville, 2008.
- “Mediación para conflictos de personal en el sector público” (“Mediation for staff disputes in the public sector”), CARL, Seville, 2006.
- “Notificaciones telemáticas” (“Electronic notices”), Bosch, Barcelona, 2005.
- “Las sanciones deportivas” (“Fines in sports”), Bosch, Barcelona, 2003.
- Responsabilidad administrativa: conflictos de jurisdicción” (“Administrative liability: conflicts of jurisdiction”), Aranzadi, Navarra 1998.
- “La intervención de empresas” (“The auditing of companies”), Marcial Pons, Madrid, 1996.
Languages: English, French and Italian and basic knowledge of German.